USCHerd, a USC fan site celebrating the USC Fan.

Friday, January 12, 2007

And more Memories of Mario Danelo...



Danelo Family,

Although I never met Mario, I felt like I knew him. As a former USC kicker (’94 -’99) and team captain, I was proud of Mario for demonstrating all the qualities both on and off the field of a great Trojan. He showed poise and battled adversity to rise to the top and was characterized even more often as a great person by all who met him. He wore my former number #19 with honor and gave me great pride every time I saw him play. He provided me with many happy moments and nostalgia over the last few years, and he will be missed greatly, but he won’t be forgotten. I will be thinking about him and the Danelo family often in these difficult times.

Fight On,

Adam Abrams
USC Kicker '94-99



Forever #19
By Mojack

I have this vision, its the last home game for the Trojans at the Coliseum. The scoreboard reads 5:00 as it counts down before game time. The band is playing Conquest. The Herd is on their feet, yelling, adrenaline pumping, filled with anticipation. And instead of the seniors coming out of the tunnel, here comes #19 running down that grand causeway, waving to the crowd of 92,000 as we are on our feet, chanting our appreciation. And who’s waiting for Mario Danelo, but John McKay, Marv Goux and Ricky Bell, and other great Trojans who have passed on, and they are all welcoming him back onto the Coliseum floor.

Because he is home now, among the Trojan immortals, forever #19 in his cardinal and gold on the Coliseum turf, and though we’ll miss him greatly, we know he and the other Trojans past are looking over Trojans present and Trojans future. Fight On, Mario.


Funeral Information

Friday, Jan. 12, 10:30 a.m.

Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Church
870 west 8th st.
San Pedro, CA 90731

Reception following at Doubletree Hotel San Pedro
2800 via cabrillo marina
San Pedro, CA 90731

No comments:


Google
Powered By Blogger